Thursday, March 18, 2010

3 little words..


Tonight I heard the best three words a woman can hear from a lovely man:

...."T'as maigri?"...

Have you lost weight? Why yes, yes I have, just a bit, thanks for noticing!

Now I could be a psycho bitch and think, whats he saying, was I fat before? But I'm not going to be, I am just going to accept the compliment as it is. Manshopper and I have been making a real effort lately, not on a diet or anything, but working out hardcore in the gym, and its really starting to pay off. And it feels so great to be able to eat whatever you want and not feel guilty!

So yes I'd prefer to hear, 'have you lost weight' to 'I love you'! This must mean that my assimilation as a Parisian is going well as I'm sure that would be the preference of most Parisians too. The locals here are OBSESSED with their weight and not in a good way. The women ok are one thing. They don't eat much, smoke alot and drink alot of coffee and therefore there is a lot of baby giraffe legs perched on platform heels in this town. To the extent that their little bodies cannot really hold the weight of their big hair, massive handbag and iphone, so they tend to stagger around the footpaths.

The men however are another story. They are also neurotic about their weight. Most of them talk about it constantly, which is decidedly unmanly in my view and they are always going on crazy diets. Like the eat 2 apples and a tin of tuna per day and then run for 2 hours kind of crazy diets. Its super unattractive. In this regard give me an irish man any day, who will cut back on the takeaways for a few weeks and run around the football pitch a bit more.

Now I must go and reflect on the why the hell I would actually want a french boyfriend. Oh and revel in the fact that I look like I have lost weight...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Best three words in the world! And you DO look fabulous, lady.

And you have hit upon YET ANOTHER REASON why French men are pansies. Blargh. It's pathetic that this petite Asianista can eat and drink any number of these wispy man-fools under the table any day of the week.

I think that it should be part of their education to get dropped off at summer camp in... I dunno... TEXAS when they're children. So that they can man up a bit.

http://manshopping.wordpress.com

Irish Parisienne said...

@簡單生活 you're welcome! although this is all very subjective!

@manshopper not only drink them under the table, we could beat them up too! Not good!

Emily said...

Such a lovely thing to hear!